Here’s some boring information: I keep switching the subtitle of this thing from “probing the limitations of thought” to “Stumbling into a Pathless Land.” The first captures what I appear to be doing; and the second sounds better (linking “geography” and “land”).
The Manifesto can serve as my “About.”
Contact me by commenting on any given essay. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
A competing Self has a different website, and this is that site’s About.
I am the man who mistook himself for his dog.
The essays below are mainly from this site. Some are older. More shorter notes are coming, fewer essays. So I’ll start putting essays here to distinguish.
- Funnel Vision
- Extinction and Responsibility
- The Radical Derelict
- “And I said, with rapture, Here is something I can study all my life and never understand!”
- What Is Real?
- Death Is the Mother of Beauty
- You Say You Want a Revolution?
- Alchemical Writing
- A Revolution on the Periphery
- The Meaning of Confidence: A Brief Appendix to Direct and Indirect Meaning
- Direct and Indirect Meaning (Being and Constructing)
- Limited Infinities
- Pharsalia, NY
- Four Elements of a Kaleidoscopic (or Ritualized) Perspective
- Matter and Meaning
- Ritual, Part II: Bewitching, Initiating and Ritualized Languages
- Ritual: Part 1
- Conversation with Pat Styer About the Role of Words, August, 2009
- The Epiphany of No Purpose
- Death’s Good Intentions
- Leaping into the Deep End
- A Proprioceptive Mirror
- Imagine the Limits of the Imagination
- A Moment to Drift
- Identität in einer Landschaft des Widerspruchs
- (Identity in a Landscape of Contradictions)
- Der Knoten der Identität (The Knot of Identity)
- kampf-flucht-und-verwandlung: : Eine Choreografie der Entfremdung
- (Fight, Flight and Metamorphosis: A Choreography of Alienation (in Kafka’s Metamorphosis))
- The Title Goes Here (satirical philosophical essay/story/nonsense about the double-bind)
- Beam Me Up Scotty (humorous fictionalized biography dealing with the Self)
- Intro and part I Negative Geography (2000)
- What is the sound of one entity yapping: or the Thermodynamics of Thought (1995) — “Is there a sound addressed not wholly to the ear” wrongly attributed to Eliot. It’s William Carlos Williams.
- Original Negative Geography
- First version, written as satire (1985)
- Madness-Sin-and-Boredom: Life as a Wraith
- College paper that was precursor to Negative Geography (1983):